We’ve been boasting about the wonders of lavender essential oil because we think it’s great! Take a look at some interesting lavender facts below.
• Lavender is one of the most popular, versatile and calming oils
• Essential oils can come from different parts of a plant. Lavender essential oil is most often obtained from lavender flowers
• Lavender has a long and rich history and has been used extensively by various cultures in remedies, rituals and perfumes
• Lavender was used by early civilisations, such as the Ancient Egyptians
• The Romans used lavender to fragrance their bath houses
• During medieval times, lavender was used to freshen up houses
• In Sense and Sensibility (by Jane Austin) Elinor revives a shocked Marianne with lavender water
• Lavender can help relieve headache and migraine
• Lavender can enhance our overall sense of wellbeing
• Even in ancient times, lavender was put under pillows in linen bags to help sleep
Our Butterfly Moments candle is scented with the pure essential oils of lavender, bergamot and geranium to help you to de-stress, unwind and relax. Check out our candle relaxation packages here, which all come with our new relaxation guide!
You may also be interested in: